As a linguist I have tried to bring together two of my interests in this post : ukulele and languages.
So here is a little tour of Europe with songs in different languages.
1. Latin countries : Spanish – Lamento borincano (song from Puerto Rico)
2. Latin Countries : Italian – L’Inverno non c’e’ piu’
3. Latin Countries : French – C’était l’hiver (Francis Cabrel)
This one has a little story as it is sung by a German ukulele player who had decided to sing a song in French for me after I had posted a comment on one of his YouTube videos. Thanks Dirk and well done !
4. German :Laubfrosch Blues
5. Scandinavian Countries : Norwegian – Kanskje kommer kongen
6. Scandinavian Countries : Icelandic – Undir Regnbogann
Lyrics and chords can be found here.
7. Scandinavian Countries : Swedish – Nåt med ukulele i
8. Finnish – ukuleleheppu
If your language is not represented here and you know of a nice ukulele video song, please let me know by leaving a comment at the bottom right of this post.
You could also take the opportunity to create a ukulele video in your own language and send me the link to it. I would be glad to collect ukulele videos in as many languages as possible.